Pages

Monday, May 4, 2015

The Rebirth of Rebirth

Recently I have gone back to playing The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, and I've had a lot of fun with it. My friend managed to get a run that lets you win without much effort. In Rebirth, you can have certain seeds for runs. This allows you to play the same runs over and over if you wish, and it also allows you to race your friends. You can use this to "cheat" essentially because you can use a strong run over and over again. You can potentially unlock everything the game has to offer with this. When I'm bored, or losing a lot, I just type the seed of my friend's run and we're good. The run that my friend got was insanely strong because you receive the item: Mutant Spider.
Image Courtesy of: TBOI Wiki
 Mutant spider is a special item, which there are only fourteen of in the game. When you receive a special item, it causes the probability of you getting another special item to go down by quite a bit. Mutant Spider is powerful because lets you fire four tears at once, which will naturally push enemies back with four times the amount of potency. Later in the game, you receive Polyphemus, which gives you four additional damage and then doubles your damage afterwards.
Image Courtesy of: The Steam Community
This is also a special item, making the run very lucky. Polyphemus gives you at least eight damage, and that's only if you start the run with zero damage, which is literally impossible. In this case, you do have a lot of damage so you're able to have your damage to increase exponentially. Paired with your Mutant Spider, you have four highly damaging tears. Not only this, but when you kill an enemy with damage left over, your tears travel through the target, dealing damage to enemies behind them. After you get this combination, you obtain a lot of damage output so you can run through the levels quickly and with ease. Throughout the entire run, the game decides that you need more damage, so it keeps giving you things like a pentagram, obviously because this run is satanic. It can be a nice game sometimes. Anyway, towards the end of the game, when you fight mom's heart, you can get the potential to win in one shot. There are levels after the one where you fight mom's heart, but I haven't unlocked them yet. I would like to try and unlock them so that I can play this seed on them, and see what can happen. I have only played this seed against mom's heart, but I plan on getting farther so that I can unlock everything that the game has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment