Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2015

One Year Later...

This has been a long year. Twenty-two posts later, here we are. At the beginning of the year, I had no idea that I would write a blog about video games. I would've thought that was a stupid idea. Nevertheless, I had fun doing it, and, despite it being kinda weird, I would do it again.
At the beginning of the year, I was kind of jumping around different games, just explaining the general idea of some of my favorite games that I owned. Sometimes I would throw in a game or two that I disliked, like Dragon Age or something in a game that I didn't like. That part of the year was just trying to get into the swing of things, considering that I had never done it before. Towards the end of third quarter, I started filling my blogs in with League of Legends, doing a kind of champion spotlight for my personal favorites. This was my favorite part about my whole blogging experience. I had a lot of fun retrieving the pictures required for this part. My favorite picture was the first picture on my Blitzcrank review.
Image Courtesy of: Doodle or Die
 At the end of the year, during this quarter, I starting doing the thing I should've done from the beginning. This was reviewing. These posts came easy because I was able to gather a lot of information for each of the two games that I did: Terraria and Minecraft. This was because I had to explain what was available in each game, Terraria having almost too much too completely cover. During the course of the year, I became better at writing. I can write quicker now, which is weird because I thought I could type quickly before. I also realized that for some reason, I swore a lot in my posts at the beginning. Obviously I started cutting out those words because in retrospect, they seemed kind of childish. I still have some kind of slang within my posts, (Slang is slang for slang) just so that it's not monotonous. I have not changed the aesthetic of my blog since the beginning of the year either. I decided that it was a formidable artistic approach to my subject. Just last week I made changes to my "about me" page, because even that seemed a little childish to me as well. I would say that I have matured more as the year went on, but I can't really say that about myself can I? That's something that other people need to decide for me. Anyway, this year, for blogging at least, has been a lot of fun and allowed me to do something that I wouldn't normally do, and that's something that I will be able to remember for a long time.

1 comment: